"you" means the user of Circuit’s services as a co-operative acting agency "we/us/Circuit" means Circuit Personal Management, whose trading address and registered office is 31, Progress Centre, Charlton Place, Manchester M12 6HS "Services" means any of the services available from Circuit
What personal information do we collect?
We will collect personal information from you when you join our agency, apply to join our agency and/or have been a member of our agency, or otherwise use our services.
We may also collect information from you if you access or use our website, twitter account or Facebook page, such as communicating with us directly.
We may process data including the following personal information about you, where supplied: Name, gender, date of birth, address(es), email, telephone number(s), social media account information, information pertaining to disability and ethnicity, IP address, photographs, video and audio clips and career history.
As a member or ex-member of Circuit we may also hold personal information relating to your tax or finances in order to allow us to process payments on your behalf as your agent, or to distribute repeat fees or similar, once you have left our agency. This information may include, where supplied, National Insurance numbers, bank account details, Unique Tax Reference (‘UTR’), passport details, previous addresses, previous bank account details.
We may also possess ‘sensitive personal data’ if you, as a member or ex-member of Circuit disclosed this information to us as part of your membership profile or public acting profile, including:
* Racial or ethnic origin
* Political opinions
* Religious belief
* Trade union membership, including membership number
* Physical/mental health or condition
* Sexual life or sexual orientation
* Biometric data
Please note, that some of our services involves promotional tools, for example your profile on Circuit’s website as a current member, and personal data included in these public profiles may be accessible by the public via wide
circulation or redistribution, and via our historical archives. Therefore you should never include any personal data on your Circuit profile that you would wish to remain private.
How will we use your personal information?
Please note, by law, a co-operative agency must hold a record of its members and directors, including their legal name, date of birth, and residential address. Furthermore, for tax and financial purposes, a co-operative agency is required to retain personal information relating to members and ex-members for at least six tax years.
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store, use and share your personal information for the following purposes:
* To ensure that we perform to our best as your agent, as per our contract with you
* to provide you with Circuit’s Services as an agency representing actors, including making your public acting profile information available to other the industry (casting directors, directors, producers) and the public
* to enable us to book you work as an actor which is accurate and appropriate
* to enable us to distribute monies that are due to you for acting work procured through Circuit, both as a current and ex-member
* to answer your enquiries or otherwise communicate with you,
* to vet your professional background, but only when you are applying/joining as a Circuit Member
* internal record keeping (for financial end of year statements) and historic financial accounts as required by law
* to notify you of our clients and any other services that we think will be of interest to you (you can unsubscribe from these communications at any time),
* to improve our services,
* to verify your identity,
* to facilitate the historical archiving of all public profiles/titles both in print and digital formats.
In addition to the above, we may disclose certain personal data to carefully selected and trusted third parties in the following circumstances:
* those parties assisting us in providing our service to our users (i.e. casting directors, finance departments)
* third parties who provide service enhancements or additional functionality to our users related to how they use our services (i.e. Tagmin as a tool to facilitate client management and diary management)
* third parties who are involved in furthering research and technology in areas connected with our service. (i.e. Circuit’s website developer)
* complying with the law, or to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our customers or other third parties,
* Wherever possible only information contained within your public profile would be released to such third parties.
Data Protection Legislation
As your agent or previous agent we are your Data Controller. We regard the lawful and correct treatment of your personal information by us as very important to our business. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to data protection law in the UK.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your Agent or training establishment only processes your personal data in accordance with your wishes
Updating Personal Information
If you have provided us with personal information, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is correct and up to date. This will enable us to provide you with the best service possible. Please contact us as soon as possible if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete. Our contact details are set out below.
You have the right to access the personal information which we hold about you and to have any errors corrected. You may check the personal information we have about you by contacting us at the address below. However, please note that no information can be released by us until your identification has been verified.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com
Queries and Requests
If you have any queries about the way your data is used by Circuit, or would like to remove your details from our records, please contact the Data Manager.
Data Manager, 31, Progress Centre, Charlton Place, Manchester M12 6HS firstname.lastname@example.org